Friday, April 4, 2008

Cinnamon Chocolate Scones (minus the chocolate)

I found a recipe in one of my recipe books for these yummy cinnamon chocolate scones....only I forgot to add the chocolate chips in at the end. I KNOW! How could I have possibly forgotten to add the most important ingredient? I'm blaming my mommy brain. I'm sure I must have gotten distracted during the mixing process. Anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

My 3 year old son even helped out! He loves to use my cookies cutters, so he was my scone maker. He did an excellent job!

They turned out very puffy and biscuit looking, but they taste amazing! I might even drizzle some chocolate over them, or do a half dip, since I didn't get that in before the baking process!

Here is the recipe:

3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1 1/4 cup milk
honey
jam

Mix all ingredients minus chocolate chips. Cut in butter. Blend until course and grainy. Add milk. Mix until almost combined. Fold in chocolate chips (don't forget now). Do not overmix.

Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the Dough 10 times to bring it together and smooth it out. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the dough to a one-inch thickness. Cut into desired shape, and place on ungreased sheet pan. Knead the scraps together just until combined, then roll out again.

Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve with honey and jam.

No comments: