Tuesday, November 11, 2008

TWD - Kugelhopf


This week's Tuesday's With Dorie was chosen by Yolanda of All Purpose Girl. I skipped out on last week. I just had too much going on to try the Rugelach...but I have the dough in my fridge right now so I'll be posting a rewind in the next day or so.

I got to use two items for the first time with this recipe...my dough hook for my Kitchen Aid, and my Pampered Chef stoneware bunt pan. I was surprised at how simple this recipe was. Ingredient wise. It was quick and painless, well, quick if you don't count all the rising time.

Here is a time warp of my dough rising in my bunt pan.
If I knew then what I know now, I would have sprayed my bunt pan so that the end result would not have stuck to much. I forget that it takes a few times on the stoneware before it's actually "non stick".

Anyways, I had never heard of Kugalhopf in my life...so I was anxious to try something new! It smelled delicious in the oven, however, I have to admit, it wasn't what I was expecting. To me, it tasted like a semi sweet dinner roll with raisins. (And, I only put raisins in it because my husband likes them) Good thing, too, because that was his first comment "Mmm, I like the raisins in this!"

So I probably won't be making this again, but at least the hubby liked it!

Oh, my sad little Kugelhopf....the aftermath of a non - nonstick pan.

4 comments:

The Food Librarian said...

Oh...so close! It rose so nicely...bummer on the "non-stick" pan. But as long as it tastes good! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry you didn't like this. At least you tried something new!

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Good effort for trying. You might well like the Brioche Raisin Snails from Dorie's book - it's a similar kind of dough and they taste divine.

AmyRuth said...

Sorry yours stuck too. I even heavily (although maybe not enough) buttered my nonstick pan. Ah well. Way it goes. Good Work though. Love new kitchen toys, don't you?
AmyRuth