Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Letter from a Soldier...

Today I received a letter from the soldiers I sent my Operation Baking Gals package to in Round 3. I was so surprised to get it in the mail! It was a cute card that I'm pretty sure the soldiers received in their packages, as I'm sure they don't have too much free time for arts and crafts!

Three guys wrote a little message thanking me for the cookies and snacks I sent, and said it was a huge boost in morale there!

I was truly just happy to send the package to them, but actually getting a card back with a thank you really makes you feel like you have done so much!

That card made my day! I just wanted to share that!

4 comments:

Karen said...

That's nice that they sent a card. That was a nice thing for you to do.

Beth said...

That's so awesome! I keep wondering if my cookies made it over there okay.

I'm a fellow TWD baker, and I was thinking that it would be nice if we all could chip in and get Laurie some small token/gift for all the work she does. Would you be willing to contribute? If I can get enough people, it would only be about $1 per person. No pressure :-) Let me know! bethberg12@yahoo.com

Tammy said...

wow! that is so cool. I can understand how great that would make you feel!

Pamela said...

That is so wonderful! I would be so excited to receive something. I always want to make sure everything got there okay and that they enjoyed it!