Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My First Operation Baking Gals Package

While perusing the blog-o-sphere a while back, I came across a blog called OPERATION BAKING GALS. It was a group of gals who sent packages to the troops every month with home baked goodies. I was thrilled to see that. And of course, I wanted to join!

There are teams that have several members. Each team hosts a soldier and sends a package during a certain week. Before you can host your own soldier, you have to join another group for at least one month. So I joined up with Team Spatulas, Corkscrews & Suitcases. We mailed off a package to Chaplain Michael Jones this past week.

I baked up some snickerdoodles and threw in some local candy and snacks that I picked up at the exchange before I mailed the package. I needed the candy to fill the dead space in my box! And then I wrote a little message on the back of a Hawaii postcard.


I snapped a quick picture of my package with my cell phone before I sealed it up! This was taken on my lap, in the van, sitting in the post office parking lot! I almost forgot to take a picture!!!

I am waiting to hear back from the master mind of OPERATION BAKING GALS about hosting next month! I have a couple marines in mind for next month, so I hope I get the chance to start a team!

Thank you to Donna at Spatulas, Corkscrews & Suitcases for letting me join the team this month! I am so excited to do it all over again!

3 comments:

Ladners'Latest said...

Ooh Ooh...count me in! I want to join.

Karen said...

What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I am trying to join... I received an emal from them saying that maybe someone will pick me up or add me... what do I need to do?